Monday, November 16, 2009

Delicious- Social Bookmarking 10-22-09

1. Describe the 3 steps recommended on the film to get started social bookmarking.

Step 1
Go to Delicious and sign up for an account

Step 2
Begin searching for sites and TAG them as you add them to your browser. By using the TAG, you will make your sites easier to find as you add more and more.

Step 3
Be Social. Begin communicating with others who search for similar sites as yourself. They will benefit from your searches as well I from theirs.

Social bookmarking allows others to people to share their favorite sites. Past tools, such as Bookmark, only allowed individuals to save their favorite sites on one computer and these sites could not be shared with others. Today, people are providing links to others and popular sites are getting more traffic.

I have an account on Delicious, a social Bookmarking site. This site allows people to connect and bring together information on related subjects. I joined this site as part of my Ed. Psych. course. Here is a link to Delicious.com. I have also provided a link to my Delicious Site.. Sam Bellotte

No comments:

Post a Comment